On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Midway through

It's nice to have the sort of work day that can be interrupted with a lunch out together.  Steve and I walked over to a local bakery - half mile each way so I got my mile in as well - and chatted over coffee, soup and sandwiches.

This week will be pleasant, I can tell already.  I'm only working about ten hours and have the rest of the time to myself.  I love spaces of time like that - to draw, read, garden, get in some extra dog walking and even take a nap.

Our library is closed until late August - moving to another site in preparation for a year-long earthquake retrofitting project - so even Demi has more time with no Read-to-a-Dog program.  It feels weird to live in a town with no library, but it's temporary and there are other branches to commute to in a pinch.

No complaints here.  I have everything I need for today and am a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails