On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Tired!

I'm tired today. We're having a mini heat wave, but I was in Juvenile Hall, a temperature controlled environment, until evening so I didn't realize how warm it was until I walked through the parking lot.

It was a busy day and I was wearing all three of my Juvenile Hall hats - interviewing a potential new tutor and getting her fingerprinted and ready to work, facilitating a psychotherapy group of girls who don't want to be locked up in detention and facilitating a recreational art group for some boys who were looking forward to the time to draw.

Let's just say I'm peopled out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails