On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Number eleven

Yesterday I turned in the first ten zentangles to the chemotherapy nurses (to decorate the luminary bags in September's Relay for Life). They were very appreciative - and told me they need "hundreds" because they've treated so many patients through the years and honor them all.

Guess I'll be busy.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Is there anyway we could help you with the zentangles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very kind to ask. Actually, I am not required to make any at all but I think the chemo nurses like to keep me busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make zentangles for your hospital...is there an address I could send them to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura -- How kind of you! It's actually the Relay for Life that I'm making the zentangles for. If you truly want to contribute, mail yours directly to me and I'll bring them in to the nurses when I come in for an infusion (every 3 weeks). Thank you!

    Barbara Brannon
    PO Box 16
    Boyes Hot Springs, CA 95416

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails