On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Who's lucky now?

In class today we were practicing complementary color work so I returned to the pear project in Dory Kanter's book, Art Escapes, that I mentioned last week. I use her ideas often and find this particular exercise adaptable to all sorts of experiments.  I only used four tubes of paint - yellow, blue, red and white.

Network news this evening reported the massive flooding on the East Coast. Wow, that's impressive! Here we had coolish weather today with bright sunshine, really pleasant and almost springlike. I was taking it for granted until I saw what some of you folks are experiencing. (On the other hand, we have the highest gasoline prices in the nation, also on network news......)

2 comments:

  1. Love your pear. I have opened the book and done one of the scribble exercises - wrongly it turns out but I made it work. Yes, you have the highest gas prices and I'll be visiting the state in a few weeks so I'll get to pay them. Hope they aren't much higher at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this project! I'll have to check into that book.

    And today in the news...Japan earthquake and tsunamis. Just terrible! I'm currently in Vegas and the weather is fabulous. It's difficult to imagine it could be so bad elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails