On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, March 11, 2011

OMG

What a horrible day in the history of the world! I've been watching hours of earthquake and tsunami coverage, flipping channels to catch it all, and am horrified by what I've seen. I talked to my son early this morning. He and his wife live in Honolulu - and he had been up all night coordinating evacuation efforts. But they were safe, all my mother's heart needed to know.

I think it was Fritz Perls who recommended closet cleaning as an antidote to depression. This has been such a bummer of a week that I spent two hours this morning sorting out and cleaning my entire office. I have more to do this weekend, but at least I have a project to keep me anchored to reality while the world falls apart.

1 comment:

  1. It IS awful! My nephew lives in southern Japan and I haven't heard from him but am thinking he's okay because he works on a military base and the military say their bases are okay. I couldn't get hold of my brother by phone (he lives in Oahu and his daughter in Maui) but got him by email. He didn't evacuate but is okay and was surprised at how far inland the tsunami got in Japan so will do so next time (he's a quarter mile inland).
    So my world seems to be okay but not okay as how can we escape the fact that so many are gone, in just an instant of time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails