On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, February 07, 2011

Out of season, out of step

 I'm not a football fan and I have difficulty with Super Bowl Sunday. Domestic violence and child sexual assault statistics soar on that day, the highest of the year. I worry about the violence in our culture and about the apparent permission to particularly abuse substances and seek victims on this one day.

So Steve and I were rather isolated - like having no one to celebrate with on Thanksgiving - but we weren't complaining. We gathered up Brix and Demi and walked for 2.5 miles instead. There were others out and about so I guess we aren't the only ones to avoid the big game.

We might as well have been walking in Honolulu. Half-way to the center of town I checked the weather app on my cellphone and was not surprised to see the temperature was 81º F - in February! The rest of the week will be someone cooler, but we have been breaking records set 100 years ago with this amazing weather. Uh, we call this the rainy season, but this week I'm not sure why.


1 comment:

  1. great slipper! You caught the curved shape of it very well! I can't believe you have 81 degrees! That sounds like heaven. We don't do superbowl either - for us it's just boring. We watched a movie instead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails