On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

First winter, then spring

How warm it was today! I walked Demi, only for a mile, but we got out together and she was appreciative.

Mostly my day was about organizing. Steve and I have a routine - while he loves to do the grocery shopping, it's only a chore to me. So my task is to get him organized - plan menus, make lists for the various stores, gather the appropriate coupons and check out the sales - and then he takes off and shops perfectly. He sticks to the list (I wouldn't) and brings home exactly what I wrote.

While he was out and about, I made a batch of tapioca pudding (one of my most favorite winter comfort foods) and baked poppy seed muffins. Youngest Daughter takes her lunch to her day program four days a week and I like to have something treat-like to toss in. We're all set!

2 comments:

  1. I wish my husband would shop without me. He likes to stick to the list (unless he sees a treat he'd like) and doesn't want me to look around at all or pick up, heaven forbid, something I'd like that never goes on sale. If I can't shop, why go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails