On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Holiday weekend

I have nothing else on my schedule until Tuesday afternoon. YES!

So what will I do with this fog-on-the-ground bit of freedom? I will Kindle, for sure, (is that a verb yet?), organize and weed out stuff, maybe bake some cookies for my family and possibly even take a nap because I'm tired.

My week starts with my watercolor class on Tuesday, something I look forward to because I have so many friends there and because I want to finish that bird painting that is taking far too long.

I have three groups to prepare for when I meet with them on Wednesday so I can get crackin' on that. And if the fog lifts and the temperature is as warm as promised I would like to get some yard clean-up done, you know, a head-start on spring.

Speaking of which, I saw lots of wild mustard in full bloom when I was out and about this morning, a true statement that spring is directly in front of us, ready or not. (I also saw a deer in town, crossing a street, what an expected surprise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails