On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Wrap, wrap, wrap

It started raining before dawn this morning and has kept at it all day and into the evening.  It's wintertime!

Most of our Christmas presents have arrived so we're beginning the wrapping stage for the ones that are shipped.  I've noticed a big uptick in traffic this week as the franticness sets in.  I feel lucky because there are very few gifts that will work for my crew here in town so I can order online guilt-free. I prefer to support local businesses, but if they don't stock what I prefer to give, well, what's a mom to do?  I'm also feeling lucky because our children are adults now and there are only two grandchildren, thus purchasing is streamlined. All of which leaves more time to really enjoy this season in a way I never have before. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails