On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Time to play

Rocket and Rebella (she rebels) laid their eggs and then went out for recess.

Just before sundown we usually let the six hens out to play. They have a large enough chicken run, but after scratching there all day they appreciate flowers and greenery wherever they can find it -- in this case, on the deck.

The moment the sun drops they all head up the ramp (steep) into their coop for the night. They always head up that ramp when the sun drops, thus the expression, "when chickens go home to roost." They jump up onto the roost inside their coop - always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails