On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Back to basics

Every now and then I go into a wild panic realizing that I don't have basic drawing skills. Today was one of those days when it seemed best to not try to sketch or paint anything beyond Drawing 101. Youngest Daughter had a bag of the most rudimentary river rocks and I had a collection of water soluble graphite pencils that I hadn't yet tried out. This drawing is screaming for a re-do and it just might happen.

In the meantime, the entire San Francisco Bay Area is enjoying some of the most beautiful weather of 2010. It's not at all typical for November and is, in fact, breaking records. The strawberry stands are still open and cars are pulling in to stack up flats for late season preserves. Change is afoot, however, with a major storm coming our way this weekend. That will give me lots of indoor time to learn how to draw rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails