On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, October 29, 2010

City day

This morning Steve and I left Youngest Daughter, 3 dogs, 6 chickens and 1 cat and headed to the de Young Museum in San Francisco. There we surrounded ourselves with the post-impressionist masterpieces from the Musée d'Orsay which included, OMG, Starry Night and all the others you've seen in books forever. San Francisco is proud - the de Young is the only North American museum to host this exhibition.

Later we lunched at Bill's Place on Clement Street, an oldie haunt from our own past, say, 30 years ago. The waitress greeted us with a cheerful, "How about those Giants?" and we could only agree.

This was one of the few days when I experienced a twinge from the past and sort of wish we still lived in San Francisco, as though our eleven years there wasn't enough. But then we came home to Youngest Daughter, 3 dogs, 6 chickens (who produced two eggs in our absence) and 1 cat and thought, naw, having San Francisco just one hour away, that's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails