On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Glorious Sunday afternoon

We're having outstanding weather this weekend. It's quite mild, maybe low 70ºs at most, bright sunshine with blue skies, breezy. I gardened for an hour this afternoon, something I should do much more often. Get out and dig!
I rarely draw in pencil, but yesterday I was admiring someone's plain-everyday-pencil work and was reminded that it's a basic skill, one that I tend to overlook. This afternoon I sat out on the deck and drew one of my tomato plants. This is not my best botanical which sort of proves my point - I need to draw in plain old pencil much more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails