On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Dogs have feelings too

Steve has been away for 24 hours celebrating the 20th anniversary of a college couple he married when we lived in Berkeley. Since then he has baptized their three children and flew to England when they asked him to celebrate their 10th anniversary.

I've been cleaning this afternoon and put the dog gate across the front entryway so the lovely breezes could waft through. A few moments ago Brix and Demi were sitting in front of me, staring me down in hopes of an early supper. I understood their expressions, but I said the wrong thing. "Soon, Daddy will be home soon!" They both jumped up, ran to the door and started barking their welcome.

I called Steve, but he just crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, about 45 minutes south of here, so the poor doggies have a long wait, probably more than their 5-second memories can hang onto, but I feel the guilt even so.

The photo is of Demi, the local library dog, who patiently listens to stumbling readers each Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails