On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chicken production

After accepting my instructor's invitation to enter the Senior Art Show in Santa Rosa, California in late September, I floated on the excitement for 24 hours and then switched to something more chaotic. What to paint? Will it be good enough? How many pictures make a composite? Do I even want to enter a composite. Etc., etc.

Today I proposed to my instructor that I would begin producing chickens, the paintings that is, and she can decide what she wants to enter (since I will be a student entering under her name). That seems to be agreeable to both of us so now I'm thinking about, drawing, painting and otherwise producing large flocks of chickens, in a manner of speaking. I started this one in class today and may, or may not, finish it.

In an ideal world I would complete one chicken piece every day for the next 60 days so the instructor has lots to select from, but most of us don't live in perfect worlds so that probably won't happen. But it is the goal... Here Chicky, chick, chick!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you finish it. The colours are really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut off the white side and call it done! This is great. It focuses solely and wonderfully on the chicken's face.

    Congrats on getting to show your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Paloma. I am slowly gathering up courage....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails