On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Leaves as soft as felt

I don't keep a dedicated field journal - or a dedicated anything else journal, for that matter - but every now and then I do attempt a field journal page. While Youngest Daughter and I were camping in the Sierra last weekend I was fascinated by the abundance of bright yellow balsam root that lived in clumps all over the campground, including our own site. I pulled up a chair and studied it as closely as I know how. I really am starting to need a class on how to observe the natural world, but have only attended two day-long workshops so far.

2 comments:

  1. These are really wonderful little drawings. I like the idea of keeping a sketch field journal! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Simblet has a botany drawing book that I would recommend. I think you've done quite well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails