On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, March 08, 2010

Little by little

I should know by now not to wait until late before I add to my journal. At the end of the night I drew a sleeping Brix for five minutes with a dark pencil, but I need to get an earlier start. I've gotten to the place where I do draw almost every day of the year, but some days are more purposeful than others.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great even if you did just take 5 minutes!

    I notice you signed up at A.R.T. for the watercolor pencil class but haven't paid yet. Marilyn is trying to get everyone sorted out. Are you still taking the class? I thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen her message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Awww! So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:28 PM

    It might only gave been a 5 minute sketch, but you get the feeling of her peaceful slumber.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails