On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New young life

When you wake up in the morning you never know what the day will bring. Yesterday was a typical rainy day here in northern California. Since it was a holiday, a rainy holiday, we weren't up to much and no one had anything scheduled.

Then my cell phone rang. Someone in the Canine Companions for Independence family needed help in a hurry. The mom was in the hospital, possibly facing surgery, and Cassidy was a bit much under the circumstances.

To the rescue! We picked up Cassidy -- the yellow lab in the photo -- and brought her home to play with our three. Brix was absolutely thrilled to have a new female in the house. They romped for hours -- more exercise than Brix has gotten in quite some time -- and had a great time for themselves.

We don't know how long Cassidy will be here, but she's welcome to stay for as long as her mom needs the respite. She's nine months old, already has great training skills, and she smiles -- just look at the photo -- all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails