On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Three eves before Christmas



There's a more relaxed feel in the air now. Most of us have completed our holiday preparations, school is out and activities unrelated to the holidays (i.e. meetings and work) are winding down. The solstice just happened so the days are short and we're gathering inward toward friends and families.

And then there's that touchy issue of the economy leaving many with a reluctance to spend anything more, if indeed, we even have that choice.

So when a local eatery puts up a big banner advertising $5 cheeseburgers and fries for the rest of the month, the locals swarm to catch a good deal. Here in northern California $5 will support your drive through at McDonald's, but not much else. I wasn't surprised when we went to dinner early and soon saw people, lots of them, waiting in a long line to get in. Everyone, it seems, wants to wind down, kick back, and leave the cooking to someone else .... on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails