On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Monster of a season

I added more pages to my monster project forART HOUSE COOP which is enjoyable work but going slowly.

I finally decided on a format. Each spread has a monster on one side and a quotation about monsters on the other. So... little by little it is progessing and I still plan to meet the January 4th submission deadline.

The unusual cold continues here but I didn't have to scrape the windshield this morning. A week of rain is to begin this evening. The strawberry shack on Rte. 12 in Kenwood finally closed when the plants froze and stopped producing.

I grew up in Illinois were strawberry season lasted about six weeks. Here in northern California we watch to see if the Cambodian women are in the field and if the OPEN sign has been put out. It usually happens in April.

Someone who commutes that way regularly, like me, sees the action and spreads the word. Soon cars are lined up, sometimes just waiting for the next bunch of boxes to trundle in, still hot from the sun. You know, I've lived in Chicago, New York City and San Francisco so I'm more than familiar with the advantages of urban living. But when it comes to personal preference I have to admit my motto is, "The smaller, the better." Which do you like best?

1 comment:

  1. It kind of looks like something that popped out of a bad bottle of strawberry soda, fizz bubbles and all! Too cute to be a monster, though. I like to visit the city and live in the country.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails