On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Home alone

Not only did Steve and Youngest Daughter leave me at home alone (with three dogs and one cat) this evening, they left me with all my paints and drawing supplies.

My favorite sort of solitude! I flipped on CNN, got caught up on the news and sat on the sofa and decorated my brand new red Moleskine 2010 planner. No planner should be left naked. It will get filled up soon enough with client dates and must-attend meetings, but in it's pristine condition it's mine for the ornamenting.


The obvious downside is that the pages are quite thin, colors tend to bleed through a bit - although this can be controlled by choosing media carefully. Certainly nothing soaked through enough to damage my ability to actually use my planner as, well, as a planner. But if I had my druthers, I'd prefer pages that were a bit more substantial. I guess Moleskine didn't realize that some of us like, not only to decorate our pages, but decorate in full bodied color. I'll try Prismacolor pencils next.

5 comments:

  1. A great start for a new planner to become YOUR OWN !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't think the Moleskine visionaries for product design had us types in mind. We're just an odd lot. Keep pushing the limits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to decorate my calendars, too, and I know what you mean about the pages. Maybe we should just make our own planners with paper we like. :)

    And, oh, the joys of being home alone with art supplies! Glad you had a productive and fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for night's alone and for artist's dates! I like how you've started this moleskine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good info and art. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails