On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Advent IV


It's raining lightly here in northern California - and so bun-freezing cold (for us) that I threw a log on the fireplace. Here I sit, warm and cozy, in front of the stove and television with my laptop, savoring wintertime.

We were in church earlier today, before it even looked like rain might happen, and I sketched Demi. She moved, so I began again. And then she fell asleep so I was able to finish both drawings by the end of the sermon.

A larger storm is due in tomorrow and then a clearing up time with a warmish, dry Christmas Day forecasted.

We're just about ready for Santa. I have a few more gifts to wrap and lots more cleaning to prepare for family arriving. Steve is the head chef so I don't have to concern myself with feeding these folks. A few times are scheduled into my planner, but I'm mostly on winter break. Which is a good thing because Youngest Daughter has a major cold and cough and won't be going to her day program tomorrow.

Which means I'll get to stay home and draw in front of the stove and television with my laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails