On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yes, no, maybe...not

While the boys were drawing at Juvenile Hall this morning I was trying to figure out if I can make a zentangle Christmas card. Dang! It was harder than I expected to come up with a design.

This was my first project idea and it won't fly although I did have fun thinking it through and chatting with hoodlums.

"Change the subject, Guys," I requested as they described their crimes and exploits. Sometimes they switch languages but I know just enough Spanish to preempt that tactic too. If they want to speak Spanish they have to help me with the nouns they aren't too eager to translate. (You wouldn't believe the vocabulary I've acquired!)

Had it been a therapy group I could have asked follow-up questions and moved towards more explanation if the life of a gangster is really their very highest goal in all of life. But it was the art class, I'm the assistant and we try to keep it focused on the work at hand.

Since I didn't like my card idea I called poor working dog Demi over to get her to pose. She gets so tired of that place! She gave me one, long bored expression and put her head on the floor and fell asleep, waiting for snack time which is much more worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails