On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Two month goal

Yesterday morning I attended the funeral of a person I knew from church. I actually knew his wife better since she was in a religious class of mine many years ago. I knew so many of the people there although it is no longer my current parish. How great it was to back - home - and how I wish I could continue to participate more fully in that place.

There wasn't much time to draw but I did manage to capture the basics of the paschal candle and part of the altar area at Trinity Episcopal Church, Sonoma, California.

There were well over 250 trick-or-treaters at our front door last night with many awesome costumes. I stationed Younger Daughter and one of her friends there with the door open and a dog gate crossing the threshold. They laughed their way through a busy few hours passing out candy and eating pizza.

Steve isn't feeling well today so we missed church even though it's All Saints' Day. He was awake coughing but I got to sleep in that extra hour and feel oh, so much better!

The new energy made me assess the mess in this house - mostly mine - and I'm starting a major clear-out that I hope will be an ongoing project that I complete by December 31st.

I've just spent the first hour in my home office. It is now totally unusable because I unloaded several shelves of books and art supplies onto the floor. I dusted and washed the shelves, tossed a bunch of dry markers and am in the process of putting every thing back in a semblance of order. My plan is to stay in this one room ALL DAY so if you're looking for me, I'm right here.

If you come in you should wear a mask because I'm gonna raise dust!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails