On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, October 23, 2009

TGIF for sure

Oh my goodness, at this point in the week, you just get what you get! I am so very tired, fried.

But I'm continuing to work on skulls and bones which hold an adolescent fascination to me these days. I guess that's what happens when you spend 13 hours a week at Juvenile Hall where kids LOVE to draw skulls.

Boys do, anyway, girls never draw that way, they draw hearts, endless hearts. Sometime when I'm in the girls' therapy group and want them to draw symbolically I say, "No hearts, anything else, but no hearts." They moan, but plunge deeper into their imaginations and come up with stronger images.



And, to show I haven't completely given away to Halloween, death, bone structures and morbidity, I found an illustration similar to this in one of the flower books in "the Hall." I seem to like stippling as a shading method. It takes forever and slows me down, but I like the end affect. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I am not a sketch artist, but, I like the effect of the stippling. Your skulls are marvelous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stippling effect on the flower. I saw something like that in Claudia Nice's book, Painting Nature in Pen & Ink with Watercolor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails