On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

So not me

It seems that every decade I reread this same book, A WOMAN OF INDEPENDENT MEANS by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey because I like it that much! I just read it for the third time and it was better than ever.

Do I aspire to be like the main character? No, we couldn't be more different just by natural temperament. I like to think I'm not as controlling or meddling but also hope that I'm as thoughtful as she can be too. Certainly she is well drawn in the letters she writes -- the entire book is her correspondence -- and unforgettable as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails