On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

The skull bone is connected to everything else

As a docent-in-training I attended a lecture this morning by Dr. James Rawls, a prominent California historian and author of some 30 books.

He has a particular interest in the disruption of the lives of the indigenous people when the Spanish, Mexicans and Westward Movement all changed their lives forever. It was a moving presentation and I'm glad he was able to speak to us fledglings.

Later we toured the Mission San Francisco Solano in the town of Sonoma. I've been in it many times because, as part of the California State Park system, there is an annual service of Lessons and Carols attended by the larger community.



This evening I shifted back to bones, canine bones, to be exact. I re-drew the canine skull using ink this time with a light watercolor wash. What have I learned this month? I love to draw bones!

3 comments:

  1. I like this skull a lot. I bet your teacher was surprised at your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ink wash. It's a good medium for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:22 PM

    This has it all: design, movement, sensitivity. It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails