On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Draggin' my butt

I am so tired today! I've been struggling through a mild migraine for the past three days and it's sapping the starch right out of me.

But our days here in northern California have been spectacular this week. It's been high 70ºs and sunny with dry leaves crunching underfoot. I'm hoping to get in another camping trip soon, but it won't be this weekend.

In the meantime, I've watched most of the new PBS series on the national parks and it's just making me want to get out there!

I requested and received a disability pass for the state parks which gives me half-price entrance and camping fees. YES! - especially now when rates nearly doubled last month to offset the state budget woes.

This morning I drew with two groups of kids in Juvenile Hall, thus adding more pages to my 100-page sketchbook due in class on December 3rd. I am so behind. But zentangles and California poppies, I can do that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails