On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Wrapping it up

If I thought for a moment that my drawings of kids at Juvenile Hall actually looked at all like any of them I would have to immediately cease and desist.

It would be a huge breach of confidentiality. But given that no person I have ever drawn even looks like a human being, let alone a specific specimen, I don't have to worry.

I can't wait until school starts because I've signed up for a figure drawing class to remedy the situation.

Which is probably why I enjoy zentangling so much -- I don't have to create anything seen in the physical world.

Steve and I went to the farmers market again this evening. The zucchini races were hugely popular and we could hardly see the winner for the crowd.

Each zuke was painted or decorated into something fanciful and then mounted on wheels of some sort. Then they were dropped from a high slope and the winners were picked out for the finals. So fun!

Later Steve and I walked around the square, a mere half mile. But tonight I discovered dailymile.com and plan to walk and walk and walk and watch the distance mount. I posted the widget on the right hand side if you're a fitness buff or as desperately in need of exercise as I am. Spur me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails