On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Feeding the world

I've been distracted by  a wonderful site that actually does some good in the world. Freerice.com allows you to increase your knowledge base while you score grains of rice to feed the hungry. Quizzes are available in English vocabulary words and various other subjects -- famous paintings, chemical symbols, math, other languages (Spanish, French, German, Italian) with new topics being added every so often. The rice is distributed through the United Nations. Take a few moments and check it out. Click on my title to link directly to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails