On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can't draw? Draw anyway...

One of my biggest frustrations is the unevenness of my attempts to draw. On Tuesday I drew the mushrooms which I showed in my last post. For me, that was a success. But the five times since then that I tried to draw I was disappointed. And, as I said, frustrated.

The art instructor at Juvenile Hall used the same still life set up for a second week. For the kids, that meant they drew it twice. For me, it meant that I drew it NINE times! (Thank heavens I was absent for chemo on Tuesday or it would have been more.)

On Thursday he set some of the fruit on top of a telephone.



In the next class, I just drew the fish. And kind of went off on my own with it.



On Friday I tried the duck, book and pear again.



But when it came to the next group, I'd had it, and drew a turtle, not part of the still life.



This morning Steve and I went to church. Today is the Feast of Pentecost. I wore a red and black blouse; Steve had some red in his tie. Red balloons were everywhere...



And now, I can only hope for a more inspired week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails