On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, Happy Passover

If you celebrated anything today, I hope it was a good day. Our grandchildren came over for Easter dinner. With their parents, of course. Even though the kids are now nine and twelve the Easter bunny still leaves a basket at our house to distribute to them when they arrive. So fun!. Their mom brought in the best ever coconut cake, as traditional as the chocolate bunnies in the baskets. Oh, yum!

I proudly showed my daughter my Square Foot Garden and she seemed impressed that I had put together the frames myself and gotten everything gridded and planted. I still have two containers to complete - the containers are ready but nothing has been planted - and I need to start weeding the footpaths and setting down bark chips. By the middle of summer I want this garden to be absolutely exquisite.

Steve and I attended church at St. Mary's, Napa, this morning. We got there early but still had trouble finding seats. It was a gorgeous day here in northern California and the air was festive and upbeat. Demi was fresh from her Saturday evening bath and behaved perfectly, as always. She is such a fixture to the parish now.

Tomorrow will be an easy day - a couple hours work and our stint at the library. I'm hoping to take time to do some drawing and catching up for class Tuesday. The weather is expected to continue to be sunny all week and that always adds some energy right there. But I am getting behind in my drawing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails