On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, March 16, 2009

The day after the Ides


Daffy-down-dilly
Has come to town
With a yellow petticoat
And a pretty green gown.


I remember chanting this in first grade at Springmore School in Carbondale, Illinois. I loved it. I really liked school, always, and still do. I don't remember ever not wanting to leave home for class although some of my early college experiences were probably lost on me. But a whole room full of little kids praising the ubiquitous daffodil in southern Illinois, that was one of life's great joys!

1 comment:

  1. Your daffodils look so joyous! Reminds me I want to pick a few from my yard that are blooming now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails