On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day, 2009

Today's walking - 20 minutes with Steve

Labradors were never intended to be lap dogs but ours are getting only short walks this week because of all the rain. They are laying around more, tussling more and generally bored.

Yes, the rain! We are delighted that it's been raining every day with the biggest storms due in tonight and tomorrow night.

The birds have been stocking up at the feeders, often twenty or more at a time, chucking it down as fast as they can break the seeds open and spit out the shells. Like maybe they won't be able to eat once the real rain starts.

I have two homework assignments to complete for Tuesday's class and I'm not interested in either one. These both support the teaching on circles and ellipses. The first one is to draw one or more eggs. The second is to draw a roll of toilet paper or paper towels. I am not inspired!

The good news, however, is that we won't be doing any more still lifes in class. Now that some of the basics are out of the way, we are to bring in our own objects or go outside during class or hang out in the library or wherever else we choose. If I understood correctly, most of the rest of the semester will be taught that way. We draw for two hours either in the classroom or elsewhere, then return for critique and instruction.

I asked if botanicals were fair game and am delighted that Teacher said yes. My favorite drawing topics these days are flowers and birds.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your daily entry---nice use of greens and the heart dsign---I'll be back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:58 PM

    Glad you got the rain. Sounds as if your class is going well - I enjoy seeing what you are doing and admiring your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your botanical drawings, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely page - with the simple zentangle heart in the corner. A reminder of what day this was. I think all of our usual rain (Seattle) was sent to you guys - you're welcome to it any time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails