On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Still drawing

I looked all over the house and the 'Net to find something to draw tonight and finally landed on this elephant I found in a magazine. It was fun to draw and totally new for me to try.


Steve and I went out for lunch today, one of life's simple pleasures. A new restaurant just opened in our neighborhood and was doing a brisk business when we arrived. Everyone, it seemed, was checking it out. We bumped into one friend who was leaving just as we walked in and later a couple who live a few doors away came in as well. There are only a bazillion really fine restaurants here in Wine Country, but when a simple new place, serving family fare and priced right opens its doors we all turn out!

1 comment:

  1. Your blond elephant is quite fetching and fills the space well--what did you order at this new place? Have dessert?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails