On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, February 16, 2009

In between storms

A new storm is heading in for the next 12 hours and then it will be sunny and warmer until the weekend brings new showers. I've just about forgotten what sunshine is, but since I enjoy the rain so much it really doesn't matter. I should move to some really rainy climate, Ireland or somewhere where the sky knows what rain really is.

Kitchen appliances and utensils are great for practicing observation and to develop eye-hand coordination. I need both. This Cuisinart was in a magazine advertisement (I own a competing brand) but was fun to draw in pencil and black Pitt pen.


This tree is about 40 feet beyond my kitchen window. If you look closely you'll see that it is loaded with birds. What you can't see are all the other birds clinging to the feeders on the lower branches.

I wish I could attract more avian variety. So far my bird feeders have fed about 30 regular goldfinches (yellow bellies), house finches (red heads), their girlfriends (grayish brown), two scrub jays and a couple new juncos. I haven't seen anything else (yet) but I'm hoping that if I'm persistent in keeping the feeders full of different kinds of seeds and start putting out some fruit, I may entice even more.

2 comments:

  1. The food processor came out real nice! Looks like your hand is obeying your eyes. I'm hoping our house attracts birds when our trees get larger. We built in an open pasture 12 years ago and it's just not a bird haven yet. We planted trees but they're not large yet. Looks like the birds know where you're at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John - Not only have the birds found us, they are eating and eating and eating. I have to fill the feeders almost every day -- all 6 feeders!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails