On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Demi's lucky day

Today's walking - 25 minutes with Demi


At the class break today I took Demi outside for a two minute walk. There is a little park quite near our classroom and, when we got there, a boxer named Simon greeted us. He was there with his mommy and daddy but no other dogs.

"Can we play, just for a minute?" I asked. Permission granted, I took Demi off leash and she was thrilled beyond measure. Simon and Demi ran around in circles - fast, gigantic circles - kissed and sniffed and thoroughly enjoyed this tiny interlude.

Alas, all good times must come to an end. Class was about to begin again and we hustled back. But oh, Demi had the best time with her new friend.

We started our work on ellipses today. Teacher brought in a bicycle which he put upside down and festooned it with black and white balloons. We drew for 2-1/2 hours. I sort of got it, I guess, but it was obviously the most complex drawing project I've ever attempted. Bicycles have LOTS of parts, lots of lines and lots of eclipses, with or without balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails