On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

New teacher, new class

I am now happily ensconced in my new drawing class and have my fingers crossed that I will improve quickly and massively this semester. It will be six additional hours of drawing each week if I continue to maintain my New Year's resolution to add one page to my sketchbook. That takes more than six hours a week so I'm pretty much doubling my work time. Has anybody ever gotten worse when they tried so hard???


Demi is back in class with me. She was so well behaved -- she always is -- that the instructor asked if she would make a good animal model for the class some day. I assured him that she behaves that well 100% of the time, is a retired service dog, and would do very well as a model. So now she has a whole new career! Hmmm, maybe I should market her on Craigslist... (no, no, I was just joking).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails