On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Shoebox gleanings

Several years ago I read an article in a beginning artist's magazine which suggested that you can approach collage by collecting the bits of material that come your way each week.  The author suggested that you dedicate a shoebox each Sunday, drop in whatever you notice each day during the week, and then collage a page the following Saturday.


The idea has always interested me and this time, all last week, I followed the directions.  I only used a few of my findings - wrappers and notices and my own drawings - but it was pleasant to review the week just lived and to save random parts of it on a completed page.  I dumped the remainders and am ready to start all over again!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thank you for sharing it! I think I am going to try it.
    Your page is wonderful too!
    Libbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting approach, I really like the idea and your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea!! Nice job executing, too!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good idea. I don't know if I would collect anything some weeks but it would be interesting. I see one of your "sleeping dog at church" sketches here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails