On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And what a week it was!

I'm feeling much better today, not 100%, but fine enough.  We celebrated our grandson's 12th birthday this evening and had a great time.  I gave him an iPod, which thrilled him because his friends had one, he wanted one, he didn't have one, you get the picture.  Nanas can get by with all sorts of stuff.  And besides, he broke his arm just a few days ago so a lot of the sports stuff he usually does is on hold for now.

I didn't draw today after all.  I did take all three dogs for a 40-minute walk (they think I'm wonderful now) and I went to the supermarket for enough groceries to last, well, just about forever.  I think we're set.  And did nothing else.

A few days ago I was reflecting on the week just past.  It was an incredible week, no matter what age you were.  If you were a kid, the thrill was all about Halloween and Trick-or-Treating, costumes, candy and stuff like that.  If you were a bit older, or a lot older, it was all about the election.  And if you're also a student, like me, it was also about learning new stuff in school.  So I dumped my box of bits and pieces collected through the week and put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails