On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, October 17, 2008

The happy couple



Steve and I attended an event recently and had our photo taken by a friend of the hosts. So....I hope you'll accept that in lieu of something drawn or made or somehow personally created by moi.

I am so behind! I missed one day this week when I wasn't feeling well but otherwise I'm just fine. We've been doing some major fall sprucing up around here and it's really helping morale if not our finances. So far we've undone our front lawn, which looked dreadful, and replaced it with shredded bark and stepping stones. Drought resistant plants will be the next step. And then, joy of joys, we're in the process of getting the exterior of our home repainted. I can't wait to have this project done -- it looks better already!

And finally, my computer has been in death throes for some months now and the repair guy basically refused to fix it because it was THAT bad. So I bit the bullet and am expecting a new one to arrive very, very soon and I can't wait.

So... with a reliable computer, good health (of sorts) and a nice home with less yard work, I have no excuse to more regular drawing, right? So it would seem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails