On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, September 01, 2008

Aloha Sunday

I added page 4 (of 100) to my mixed media class assignment. I made Demi the featured photo because she was all decked out in an aloha print scarf that I sewed for her a couple evenings ago. You can see the scarf on her and there's also a swatch sewed onto the page.

Today was a quiet Labor Day holiday. The most exciting happening was taking the three dogs for a walk, it was that quiet and no one is complaining.

In the United States summer is marked from Memorial Day (May 30) to Labor Day (first Monday in September) so when we reach this day, the season is officially over even if autumn doesn't begin for several more weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this page! It fits the feeling of you words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journaling, and you really got the dog this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:30 AM

    Demi looks so cute. I have never had a dog that was prepared to wear stuff, which is a shame cos they can look so sweet. Our bulldog Meg wore a sweater after each chemo treatment, but that was necessity, not fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails