On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, May 05, 2008

Visual journaling fun

ADHD and church are a bad mix. I can't focus for beans unless I ground myself in something. For the past year I've been dragging in my pens to keep me occupied during the service and it helps tremendously. With some of the edginess siphoned off I can be totally engaged in the service, as I was yesterday when I drew Beulie at my feet and added a couple parishioners. I added most of the color later.

After church I scrambled all over to find my keys. They were so very gone! But the strangest thing happened when I went to my car to see if I'd left them there. Steve and I were looking in the windows when a guy walked up to us and jangled the keys. He said they were over the fence in his yard. Trying to piece it together I can only guess that I must have dropped them and whoever found them threw them in the closest yard. So bizarre, but it all turned out OK in the end!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job...what a good dog....can you see a jack russell laying at your feet like that? UHUH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And no, I don't think a JR would do that (I may be wrong, I've never had one!). - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails