On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Getting ready for Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a big deal for boys in Juvenile Hall. It's one of the times when I have no problem getting cooperation in making cards that they can mail. Today's card project was absolute magic -- an image transfer onto a blank card. Some of the boys added words, others left the card front simple with just the picture of whatever flower they chose. But none of them had ever made transfers before and they were pleased as punch!

3 comments:

  1. I know I've said it before, but I really enjoy your posts about your students at juvenile hall. I can tell that you have a real connection with those kids, and that is so important for them.

    How did you do the image transfers? I teach a crafts class and I wonder if this is something we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi no way -- E-mail me at bfbrannon@aol.com and I'll send you the directions. It's easy! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...and much better than the printed ones my kids loved to make for thier babys mamas during my brief stint teaching at juvenile justice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails