On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

End of a nice Sunday

Sometimes I have no time to draw or can't get motivated or whatever. But I can still journal something, get some color down and maybe a few words. So that's what I did last night.

Today was Beulie's last Sunday in church. The congregation has known her since she was 8 weeks old and watched her grow up. I have the sad duty of driving her back to Canine Companions for Independence on Tuesday morning. We'll say our goodbyes and she'll enter advanced training. I think I'll bring Demi along just so I don't have to drive home completely alone. Puppy raisers dread this part of the deal, returning the puppies we've raised and come to accept into our families for 16 months or more. We had Brix for 21 months before turn-in, a long time of attachment and then, the letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails