On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Sunday in April



We celebrated Steve's birthday today (don't ask) by having a wonderful dinner in a favorite Mexican restaurant. Beulie went with us to church this morning, one of her last Sundays before we return her to Canine Companions for Independence for advanced training. We're on our last 30 days, real countdown mode. But she did enjoy both church and the restaurant scenes!

Tomorrow is our bittersweet reunion with Demi in Santa Rosa. I set up her crate next to the others and Steve bought her a new bed, collar and leash. We still need to get a bunch of tennis balls since we've been told that's her favorite toy. And I can't wait to meet with a veterinarian to get more understanding about caring for Demi. The goal is to extend her life in spite of the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails