On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

A break in the day

Today was Major Cleaning Day in preparation for family celebrations tomorrow. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, the one and only time in her lifetime that it will fall on Easter Day.

In between tasks I took Brix back to the dog park that he enjoyed so much yesterday evening. He's making new friends and he's running, running, running. He really needs the exercise and he plays well in large groups. One of my friends was there and I found two other women to chat with while I drew. One is an art therapist who I hope comes back at times when I'm there because I suspect we have lots in common. But I didn't get much drawn even though I was there almost two hours and was working the entire time. I just don't draw fast at all and I live in envy of those who do.

4 comments:

  1. Love your little dog drawings! I have trouble getting my 2 down on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 AM

    I especially like the long-eared, rust colored one -- a dachsund, perhaps? Gotta love those floppy-eared dogs! Good for you sketching at the dog park; I'm still too self-conscious to sketch in public. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Happy Easter to you and your family, Barbara!

    I share a birthday with your daughter and it felt totally weird having my birthday on Easter Sunday for the first time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all of you. Serena, Happy belated birthday -- and it's the only time it's gonna happen in your entire lifetime that you get to celebrate your birthday on Easter Day! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails