On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

All this wildlife

It's raining today and will be for another day or two more. And it's Saturday, so who cares? We're all snug, nobody has much of a schedule to keep and it's the weekend. So I focused on the wildlife within my domain. The American goldfinches were feeding in a backyard tree.

Belle the cat was dozing in the most uncomfortable chair in the house until I disturbed her with my camera flash.



I gave beautiful Beulie a Saturday morning bath so she can go with me to church tomorrow morning and to chemotherapy on Tuesday. There's nothing like a spotless dog (no offense to dalmatians, I mean, as in dirt spots).

Today is the 3rd day of my Julia Cameron diet program. I've walked the treadmill three days in a row for 30 minutes so my body is in shock. I made yesterday's Chinese lunch entree last for today's lunch too instead of scarfing it all in one sitting. I've been faithfully maintaining my food journal and rereading parts of THE WRITING DIET and I'm eating more fruit whenever I have the munchies (which is often). I've lost the first two pounds, YES!, and am truly motivated. That's my biggest problem, maintaining the motivation, which is why I'm gladly doing all this in worldwide public so that my addictions to sugar, fat, carbs and everything else that's edible will be fully documented and I'll be nudged into action. You don't have to read it, it's just that I have to write it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails