On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Late night blogger



My usual every other Tuesday infusion of Herceptin was scheduled for today because of the New Year's holiday. For me, it was almost a drive-through experience -- some set-up time, a 30-minute drip, finishing up and I'm out of there. Beulie was with me. Each time I got her settled and quiet another staffer would walk by, stoop down and pet her furry head, offer a treat and wind her up again. She is so loved there! There was also a little boy, about six years old, who was as bored as Beulie was, so I handed him the leash and pointed to all the walking areas where he and Beulie could parade through and visit anyone who looked up. Beulie was thrilled to finally have some action and the kid was proud as punch.

All this is by way of saying that I didn't have much time to draw, but got something started and brought it home to complete. I used watercolor pencils again in my Moleskine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails