On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

From the back of the church

It's been raining all day, a fairly steady cold rain with deep dark clouds. It feels like winter, like we're so far into winter spring will never come. Which is okay with me since I love this weather with all it's drama, rain that just doesn't end.


Some people draw on subways, some in airports. I draw in church. There were lots more people than I show here, but these were the ones I could manage and still participate in the service. I use a pencil and then retrace the best lines with a black Micron pen. Usually I draw Beulie in church but she's in the kennel and we're missing her and her unstoppable puppy energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails